We’ve compiled the following list of links to assist in you in finding places where you can go for help and support and to provide information on domestic violence and abuse. Click on the name of the organization to go to its website.
Help and Support in Metro St. Louis
- ALIVE (Alternatives to Living In Violent Environments): Provides support services and short-term emergency sanctuary for adults and children victimized by domestic violence.
- Center for Trauma Recovery: A service of the University of Missouri – St. Louis which provides counseling for women who have suffered personal traumas such as beatings, rape, and assault.
- St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office: Information, resources, and support including the Sex Offender and Child Abuse Registry List for the City of St. Louis, Victim Rights, and the Neighborhood Justice Project.
- Victim Services Division of St. Louis County: Provides a variety of services to victims of crime in St. Louis Country, including supportive counseling and crisis intervention, information on criminal and juvenile court procedures, and referral to many community and state resources. VSD staff and volunteer advocates assist with orders of protection, victim impact statements and crime victim compensation forms. Advocates accompany victims to hearings/trials and offer the use of two victim/witness waiting rooms in the Courts Building.
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Inc.: Provides legal assistance and equal access to justice to low-income people.
- Life Source Consultants, Inc.: Free support services for women (and their families) who are victims or survivors of physical, emotional, mental, verbal or sexual abuse, rape and incest.
- ROW – Redevelopment Opportunities for Women: Opportunities for women to pursue economic self-sufficiency, personal and family development, taking control of their lives. Services are focused on women who have experienced partner violence, homelessness and/or poverty.
- Safe Connections: 24-Hour Crisis Line (314) 531-2003; Counseling and support groups, preventing dating violence, safety planning, and sexual assault resources.
- Saint Martha’s Hall:Help for battered women and their children to break the cycle of violence in their lives by offering them safe, secure temporary shelter, education and counseling.
- Bridgeway Counseling: Alternatives to violence and abuse; case management, outreach office, batterer intervention service; Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Louis and Warren Counties, City of St. Louis
- SAWERAA – South Asian Women Empowered Regional Association: Safe homes, domestic violence crisis intervention, hotline, case management, and community education. Translators in Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdhu, Kannada, Kokini, Teluga, and Tamil.